|datum||28 juni 2012 - 29 juni 2012|
|locatie||EIPA - European Institute of Public Administration - Maastricht (NL)|
|organisatie||European Institute for Public Administration (EIPA)|
All those who need to be able to find EU information quickly and/or to update their research skills in EU-related matters: EU officials, national civil servants, consultants, information professionals, documentalists, translators, as well as people working in the commercial sector and for NGOs.
This two-day course provides participants with a comprehensive and structured guide to a wide-range of free and commercial internet resources dealing with European issues. The working sessions allow participants to improve and/or update their knowledge of EU information sources, and their abilities to use them effectively.
This course will offer demonstrations of the most useful websites and databases, combined with ample opportunities for participants to develop hands-on expertise by exploring the websites themselves in order to find targeted information. Each participant will be able to use a PC with high-speed internet connection during the whole duration of the seminar.
At the end of the training course, the participants will have:
• a good knowledge of the key EU information sources and search techniques;
• practical experience in using the main EU and non-EU websites and databases;
• a toolbox for finding EU targeted information. They will be able to find quickly and efficiently:
• legislation, case law and summaries of legislation;
• working documents, policy papers and press releases;
• public procurement, call for tenders, grants and loans;
• contacts information, ‘who’s who’ and ‘who’s doing what’ in the EU;
• statistical data;
• bibliographical, translation, linguistic and terminological information.
Only 25 places available: the earlier you book, the more likely you are to get your place!
Dit onderzoeksinstituut streeft ernaar om de kennis van ambtenaren die zich met de EU bezighouden te vergroten door het ontwikkelen en aanbieden van uiteenlopende hoogwaardige diensten zoals lespakketten. Het instituut wil wetenschappelijke kennis en praktische 'know-how' met elkaar verbinden. Het European Institute for Public Administration (EIPA) bestaat al meer dan 25 jaar.